This website aims to provide a service that is accessible to everyone, at the same level and on equal terms. It is designed to maximise ease of use by everyone, including people with disabilities. Please contact the IRSG if you have any specific accessibility requirements.
Most internet browsers include a feature that gives you the ability to change the size of the text on the screen. Our site has been designed to work with these features.
You can often change the text size by holding Ctrl on your keyboard and rolling the wheel on your mouse. For other methods, see below:
- Changing the text size in Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Changing the text size in Mozilla Firefox
- 'Zooming' in Opera
Our site has been designed to conform to all relevant technical standards and recommendations. Some of these are listed below:
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (all pages conform to Level A; most conform to the Double-A or Triple-A standards)
- The World-Wide Web Consortium's standards for XHTML 1.0 Transitional and CSS level 2
- We aim to follow the best practice guidelines detailed by the Equality and Human Rights Commission
Downloading PDF documents
Many of the documents you will find for download on our website are available in the Adobe PDF format.
Adobe Reader software allows users to enlarge the document they are viewing to make the text easier to read for those people with visual impairments.
You can use an external screen reader on PDF documents or use their own "Read Out Loud" option.
Read more about screen readers on the Adobe website
Adobe also has a tool that people can use to convert PDF into other formats such as HTML or ASCII to meet accessibility requirements.
Read more about converting PDFs on the Adobe website